Our Chef knows a thing or two about grilling, so we’ve been chatting him up for some insight on his own personal tips & tricks for the best Summer grilling experience one can have. Below he shares his top 6 tips that will help keep you entertaining and grilling for the entire season !
1. Before beginning to grill, take a half of an onion and rub along the grates, this creates an aromatic flavor and even more of a flavor when using charcoal.
2. Allow your well-seasoned steak to become room temp before cooking, this allows the steak to cook more evenly.
3. When using charcoal, make sure they are piping hot before placing your steak on the grill, with moving the steak as little as possible. You’ll know it’s hot enough to place on the grill once the charcoals are white with a bright red center. Using natural hardwood charcoal (vs. briquettes) allows the grill to stay hotter, longer as well as a better natural flavor.
4. When grilling vegetables making sure they’re at a thickness of ½ inch or more, creates a nice al dente to them. Olive oil, Salt and pepper are some of the best seasonings when cooking in general! Mushrooms, zucchini, onions, peppers, tomatoes, pineapples, and even red potatoes are wonderful on the grill!
5. When grilling fish be sure to spray your fish with oil first (ex: canola Oil spray, olive oil spray) to avoid any sticking to the grill Fish is easier to stick than meat due to its moisture content.
6.Once you are finished grilling, allow your steak to rest for 2-3 minutes to allow the juices to hold. Enjoy!